A freedom to operate analysis is a comprehensive account of the boundaries within which a company is free to operate, taking into account the patents of competitors.
Analyzing the freedom to operate of a company assures the safety of business activities and helps to avoid patent disputes.
A freedom to operate analysis:
- makes an extensive determination of a company’ freedom to operate in relation to third parties’ rights.
- provides a specific and clear picture of the patents and protections held by competitors within defined product groups.
- provides security when moving into new market areas and aids in the defence of one’s own IP rights.
- prevents unintentional patent infringement and thus extra expenses resulting from these disputes.
- helps to correctly target product development and resources, for example, into products having wider freedoms to operate.
Let us help you! Leave us your contact information and our experts will be in touch.