- evaluates how essential given patents or patent applications are for business activities.
- depends on the scale, time frame, business field and marketing field of the planned business activities as well as on the business field’s general patent situation.
- supports the opinions of the parties when negotiating the transfer or licensing of IPR ownerships.
- provides a transparent model whose emphases and starting points can be examined.
- assures that business arrangements and new business activities base their plans on a truthful understanding of the value of the patents and patent applications.